Thank you for taking my legislative issues survey and letting me know the issue that matters most to you.
Below there is space for you to send me your thoughts, but I want to let you know what I’m doing to strengthen our education system.
The Work I’ve Accomplished
- Focused on literacy and end social promotion of students who can’t read at grade level by the third grade.
- Helped established and support increased funding for Opportunity Scholarships and increase eligibility to those 400% of the poverty line.
- Secured funding for a statewide program to support low-income first-generation students to go to college.
- Strengthened support for charter schools.
- Supported increased funding for our K-12 public schools.
- Created the SafeVoice system which allows for any student or person to report any violent or unlawful acts being conducted or threatened at school. Over half of the reports are related to potential student suicides and harm to others.
- Provided transparency, that was lacking, for parents of reports of substantiated abuse in schools.
But I know we have more work to do to improve Nevada’s education system. Fill out the form and send me your thoughts and ideas so we can work towards a better education for our children.