Thank you for taking my legislative issues survey and letting me know the issue that matters most to you.
Below there is space for you to send me your thoughts, but I want to let you know what I’ve done to fight for more affordable health care.
- Fought to require health care plans to cover pre-existing conditions.
- Increased transparency for insulin and asthma medication pricing.
- Required health care providers to screen women for the harmful BRCA gene mutations that increase the risk of breast and cervical cancer. If a screening indicates a higher risk, the patient must be referred for genetic counseling and testing. Both must be covered by insurance.
- Required health insurance plans to cover 12-month supply of contraceptives.
- Required that Medicaid include counseling and support for breastfeeding, screening, and counseling for domestic violence, counseling for STDs, annual screening for cervical cancer, screening for depression.
- Increased access to Registered Behavior Technologists to work one-on-one with children that have autism, going from 70 statewide to 2,000.
But we have more work to do to improve our health care. Fill out the form and send me your thoughts and ideas so we can work together to increase access and care.